Akihiko Sugita has always been fond of antiques. His works are characterized by muted tones with a mystical and rustic sensibility. His fantastic eye for form helps to create these gently fitting pieces that are easy to use in our modern lifestyles. He is also attracted to the fact that these long-lasting pieces will develop a deeper flavor as they go through daily life and eventually add depth to his works. Adorned with delicate gold leaf, this functional bowl will truly stand the test of time.
- Area: Kanazawa, Ishikawa Prefecture
- Artisan: AKIHIKO SUGITA
- Material: Japanese Zelkova
- Size: φ200 x H65mm
- Note: This product does not come with its own box.
Artisan: Akihiko Sugita
Akihiko Sugita is a lacquer artisan based in Kanazawa, Ishikawa Prefecture. He draws inspiration from antique designs and skillfully crafts lacquerware that blends shaded hues and contemporary forms. His creations exhibit both aesthetic beauty and functionality.
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with a non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
- Never soak a lacquerware in water for a long time. After using, wash as soon as possible and wipe with a dry cloth.
- Never leave a lacquerware under direct sunlight directly, or in high humidity, this is to avoid the risk of transformation, discoloration, and mold.
- To remove oily spots or fingerprints, wipe with a soft cloth.
- Never use scrubbing brushes, scouring powders, or dishwashing machines.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org