Like a blooming flower
Bamboo craft artist Chiemi Ogura has a strong affection for the nature of flower – hana, which leads her to create her own interpretation through the fine weaving style. She demonstrates her dedication in making with bare hands, from cutting thin strips, weaving strip by strip with measurement in millimeters unit, to the finishing of seamless joints. Each work is created attentively with elaborate patterns interwoven with geometrical shapes that are utterly breath-taking. Standing in elegant appearance, this bamboo basket is an intricate art piece that resonates within the hearts of people, like chrysanthemum flowers that bloom gracefully.
- Area: Kyoto Prefecture
- Artist: CHIEMI OGURA
- Material: Shira-take (White bamboo)
- Size: φ305 x H55mm
- This product comes with its own box.
- Only available in Singapore.
Artist: Chiemi Ogura
A bamboo craft artist living in Kyoto. One of the features of her works is the delicate weaving. By making the most of the beauty of traditional patterns through weaving and decorative techniques, she continues to create works that are close to Japan’s nature.
Shira-take (White Bamboo)
Bamboo with a beautiful shiny surface, made by sun-drying and polishing after removing its oil contents. This bamboo material is widely used for fences, architecture, tea utensils as well as craft works.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Do not use the product in places subject to water to keep out mold. In case of getting wet, please dry it completely in a well-ventilated place, avoiding direct sunlight.
- Store it in a well-ventilated place with less humidity away from direct sunlight.
- Avoid keep the product in non-porous materials such as plastic bag as it leads to mold growth.
- The product’s surface will gradually change to amber colour. This change is due to the nature of the material.
- As these are handmade products made of a natural material, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org