This set of sake cups is handcrafted using "magewappa", a traditional Japanese craft that involves bending thin strips of cedar wood to create lightweight and elegant wooden wares with a distinctive aroma and aesthetic appeal. An additional aspect that adds to the beauty to these sake cups is the delicate cherry bark stitching. Once the cups have been shaped and dried, glue is applied to the joint ends and clamped for several hours before the fastening holes are carved and stitched together using wild cherry bark. The intricate stitching process ensures the durability of the products and showcases the artisan’s unique style and individuality.
- Area: Odate, Akita Prefecture
- Brand: SHIBATA YOSHINOBU SHOTEN
- Material: Cedar Wood
- Size: φ51 x H52mm
- Capacity: 90ml
- This product comes with its original box.
Brand: Shibata Yoshinobu Shoten
A lacquerware brand produced by a vendor/manufacturer of Yamanaka lacquerware in Shibata Yoshinobu Shoten was founded in 1966 by Yoshinobu Shibata, a skilled craftsman specializing in “magewappa” - a traditional bentwood craft originated in Odate, Akita Prefecture. With a passion for preserving and promoting this unique art form, the founder dedicated himself to establishing the Odate Magewappa Assiociation. His efforts were fruitful, and in 1980, “magewappa” was officially designated as one of Japan’s traditional crafts.
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
- Never soak lacquerware in water for a long time. After using, wash as soon as possible and wipe with a dry cloth.
- Never leave lacquerware under direct sunlight directly or in high humidity, this is to avoid the risk of transformation, discoloration and mold.
- Never use scrubbing brushes, scouring powders or dishwashing machines.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com