Inspired by the bold and decorative aesthetics of the Japanese traditional art style “Rimpa,” Makoto Yamaguchi's intricate Rimpa Oribe pieces feature elaborate pictures and pasted patterns combined with Oribe glaze. Highly sought after, these pieces are considered truly one-of-a-kind art and acquiring these pieces can be a challenge. This tea bowl, showcasing lion and contemporary patterns, exudes captivating dynamism, inviting one to hold and appreciate the various textures that enchant from every angle.
- Area: Seto, Aichi Prefecture
- Artist: MAKOTO YAMAGUCHI
- Material: Ceramic
- Size: L140 x H90mm
- This product comes with its original wooden box.
- Only available in Singapore.
Artist: Makoto Yamaguchi
A ceramic artist from Seto, Aichi Prefecture. Influenced by his father, he started his own career as a potter and honed his skills at Kasen Touen (Kasen Pottery Studio). Since becoming independent, he has created a unique style that reflects his own sensibility, producing works using traditional techniques such as Oribe, Shino, and Ki-Seto, as well as others using different Oribe glazes and a fusion of traditional patterns with Oribe, which he named “Rimpa Oribe.”
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com