This Hoba leaf-shaped plate features captivating shades of blue, presenting a contemporary interpretation of the classic Ofuke style, which is renowned for its simple and rustic look with hues of green or yellow. The addition of "gosu", also known as cobalt blue along with the artist's modern twist in glaze application and firing, infuses these pieces with a fresh and cool impression. The mesmerizing crystal-like crackle details formed in the middle add an enchanting touch to the overall design, continuously drawing us in with their allure.
- Area: Seto, Aichi Prefecture
- Artist: MAKOTO YAMAGUCHI
- Material: Ceramic
- Size: L300 x D130 x H35mm
- Note: This product does not come with its own box.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
Only available in Singapore.
Artist: Makoto Yamaguchi
A ceramic artist from Seto, Aichi Prefecture. Influenced by his father, he started his own career as a potter and honed his skills at Kasen Touen (Kasen Pottery Studio). Since becoming independent, he has created a unique style that reflects his own sensibility, producing works using traditional techniques such as Oribe, Shino, and Ki-Seto, as well as others using different Oribe glazes and a fusion of traditional patterns with Oribe, which he named “Rimpa Oribe.”
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com