Inspired by Makoto Yamaguchi's visit to the renowned Trevi Fountain in Rome, this enchanting sake cup showcases a vivid pool of blue glaze with meticulously carved round disc-shaped coins, reenacting the act of tossing coins into the fountain. Yamaguchi demonstrates his artistry with Ofuke glaze and skillful blending of blue tones, resulting in a mesmerizing flow that leaves a profound and unforgettable impact on anyone who gazes upon it. For the ultimate drinking experience, we recommend pairing this sake cup with sake server of the same Ofuke coin series.
- Area: Seto, Aichi Prefecture
- Artist: MAKOTO YAMAGUCHI
- Material: Ceramic
- Size: φ102 x H35mm
- Capacity: 60ml
- This product comes with its original wooden box.
Only available in Singapore.
Artist: Makoto Yamaguchi
A ceramic artist from Seto, Aichi Prefecture. Influenced by his father, he started his own career as a potter and honed his skills at Kasen Touen (Kasen Pottery Studio). Since becoming independent, he has created a unique style that reflects his own sensibility, producing works using traditional techniques such as Oribe, Shino, and Ki-Seto, as well as others using different Oribe glazes and a fusion of traditional patterns with Oribe, which he named “Rimpa Oribe.”
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org