This cup, fired with a thin layer of glossy devitrified glaze on white slip, has a beautifully fresh and clear white color and seems to be filled with moisture. The shading of the richly applied white slip, the black iron powder, and the artful incorporation of shinogi – a decorative method involving etched ridgelines – collectively contribute to the remarkable features that make this piece stand out.
- Area: Takeo, Saga Prefecture
- Artist: HIDEKI YAMAMOTO
- Material: Ceramic
⌀75 x H70mm
- Capacity: 100ml
- Note: This product does not come with its own box.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
- Only available in Singapore.
Artist: Hideki Yamamoto
A ceramic artist living in Takeo, Saga Prefecture, Mr. Yamamoto is working from his own atelier in nature-rich surroundings where he pursues simplicity or the “beauty of subtraction” as he calls it. His works are recognizable by its sophisticated metal-like texture achieved by a unique glaze which he had created called kuro-yu (deep black glaze).
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org