This tea caddy is a collaboration between Denshiro, a 170-year-old Kabazaiku maker in Akita Prefecture, and Nousaku, a long-established metal casting manufacturer in Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture. The brass used for this tea caddy’s belt and knob will evolve in both colour and appearance over time, developing a calm shine with use. Similarly, the cherry bark of its body also goes through a change and undertakes a glossy texture over time. The beauty in the evolution of these materials is something we can appreciate and enjoy.
- Area: Kakunodate, Akita Prefecture
- Brand: Denshiro
- Material: Cherry bark and natural wood (Body), Brass (Band/Knob)
- Size: ⌀82 x H122mm
- Capacity: Approx. 150g of tea leaves
- This product comes with its original box.
- As these are handmade products made of a natural material, each piece will look slightly different.