This tea caddy is a collaboration between Denshiro, a 170-year-old Kabazaiku maker in Akita Prefecture, and Nousaku, a long-established metal casting manufacturer in Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture. The brass used for this tea caddy’s belt and knob will evolve in both colour and appearance over time, developing a calm shine with use. Similarly, the cherry bark of its body also goes through a change and undertakes a glossy texture over time. The beauty in the evolution of these materials is something we can appreciate and enjoy.
- Area: Kakunodate, Akita Prefecture
- Brand: DENSHIRO
- Material: Cherry bark and natural wood (Body), Brass (Band/Knob)
- Size: ⌀82 x H122mm
- Capacity: Approx. 150g of tea leaves
- This product comes with its original box.
A 170-year-old Kabazaiku (traditional Japanese cherry bark craft) maker in Akita Prefecture. Studio Fujiki Denshiro was established as a Kabazaiku wholesaler in the early years and transformed into a leading manufacturing studio by the late sixth-generation owner.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Storing tea leaves in the products will maintain the appropriate humidity and keep them in the best condition.
- If the glue smell bothers, leave a small amount of tea leaves inside the tea caddy for a few days before using it to store the tea leaves. This will help to neutralize the slight smell of the tea caddy.
- Wipe products occasionally with a soft cloth along the grain of the wood.
- Use products for their intended purpose only.
- To avoid peeling, keep away from water.
- Do not leave in highly humid conditions for an extended period of time.
- Do not use the product in places subject to water to keep out mold. In case of getting wet, please wipe with a dry cloth.
- To prevent distortion, cracks, and color deterioration, avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not use it in a microwave or oven.
- As these are handmade products made of a natural material, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com