Fireworks in the night sky
A magnificent jewelry box made from Japanese Zelkova wood and hand-painted with multiple layers of lacquer by Wajima artisans. The deep blue hues of lustrous lacquer with accents of gold powder reminiscent of a captured photo of the momentary fireworks blooming in the night sky. It is certainly a lacquered box that catches everyone’s attention, no matter where it is placed.
- Area: Wajima, Ishikawa Prefecture
- Brand: TAYA SHIKKI
- Material: Japanese Zelkova / Lacquer
- Size: W100 x D100 x H60mm
- This product comes with its own box.
- Only available in Singapore.
Brand: Taya Shikki
Vendor and manufacturer (“nushiya”) of Wajima lacquerware founded in 1818. Themed on “nushiya for living”, they continue to provide lacquerware based on natural material proposing a life derived from nature.
Generic name of lacquerware produced in Wajima City, Ishikawa Prefecture. Characterized by its robustness. The wood surface is reinforced with cloth and is coated with many layers of “Jinoko” which is the powder of calcined diatomaceous earth.
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Do not use the product in places subject to water to keep out mold. In case of getting wet, please dry it completely in a well-ventilated place.
- Never soak lacquerware in water for a long time.
- Never leave lacquerware under direct sunlight directly or in high humidity, this is to avoid the risk of transformation, discoloration and mold.
- To remove oily spots or fingerprints, wipe with a soft cloth.
- Never use scrubbing brushes, scouring powders or dish washing machines.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com