The timeless beauty of egg shell
About 200 years ago, the thin “egg shell” porcelain from Japan was renown in Europe. Its thinness, whiteness and transparency had captivate people through the ages. Contrary to its delicate appearance, it is durable which adds to its appeal.
- Area: Arita, Saga Prefecture
- Brand: YAMAHEI
- Material: Porcelain
Manufacturer of Arita ware. Reviving a method of porcelain production called "rankakude"(eggshell) that was discontinued 100 years ago, they created ultrathin porcelain that mimics real eggshells and created a range of delicate and modern Japanese tablewares with this fascinating material.
Japanese Crafts Online Media: KOGEI STANDARD
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Preferably avoid the use of dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com