A lustrous gradation
Coated with multiple layers of lacquer from Wajima, this cup is beyond remarkable with its sensational gradation from vermillion to black. Established in 1818, Taya Shikki strives to preserve the traditional Wajima lacquer technique and create lasting lacquerware that suits modern living. A sake cup that is durable enough to last a lifetime, and yet maintains its alluring luster.
- Area: Wajima, Ishikawa Prefecture
- Brand: TAYA SHIKKI
- Material: Japanese Zelkova / Lacquer
- Size: φ65 x H48mm
- Capacity: 100ml
- This product comes with its own box.
Brand: Taya Shikki
Vendor and manufacturer (“nushiya”) of Wajima lacquerware founded in 1818. Themed on “nushiya for living”, they continue to provide lacquerware based on natural material proposing a life derived from nature.
Generic name of lacquerware produced in Wajima City, Ishikawa Prefecture. Characterized by its robustness. The wood surface is reinforced with cloth and is coated with many layers of “Jinoko” which is the powder of calcined diatomaceous earth.
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Do not use the product in places subject to water to keep out mold. In case of getting wet, please dry it completely in a well-ventilated place.
- Never soak lacquerware in water for a long time.
- Never leave lacquerware under direct sunlight directly or in high humidity, this is to avoid the risk of transformation, discoloration and mold.
- To remove oily spots or fingerprints, wipe with a soft cloth.
- Never use scrubbing brushes, scouring powders or dish washing machines.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com