Naoko Notomi’s beautiful creation of a light blue sake set showcases her dedication to designing tableware that harmonizes with food using the traditional Hagi pottery technique. Notomi takes traditional forms and transforms them into new shapes, adding a touch of her sensibility with bold yet delicate cutting techniques. Additionally, each sake cup is subtly different, adding to the overall charm of the set.
- Area: Hagi, Yamaguchi Prefecture
- Brand: CHOUNGAMA
- Material: Ceramic
Size: Sake server φ90 x H98mm, Cup A φ75 x H50mm, Cup B φ74 x H40mm
- Full capacity: Sake server 300ml, Cup A 100ml, Cup B 60ml
- This product comes with its original wooden box.
Naoko Notomi and her father, Susumu Notomi, have been creating a unique style of Hagi-ware in a Hagi pottery kiln named Choungama that celebrates nature. Unlike the usual light-colored Hagi-ware, they have innovatively incorporated their own distinctive blue glaze that reflects the vibrant hues of the ocean and the sky.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products made of a natural material, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org