An effortless beauty
The works of Eijiro Tokunaga capture the pain and pleasure in life vividly through his expressions in glaze and form. The subtle dark shades of Kuro Arita glaze accentuate the form of the vessel, resulting in an elegant and exquisite-looking plate with a smooth curved edge. An undeniable centerpiece that captures everyone’s heart.
- Area: Saga Prefecture
- Artist: EIJIRO TOKUNAGA
- Material: Ceramic
- Size: L360 x W330 x H100mm
- Note: This product does not come with its own box.
- Only available in Singapore.
Artist: Eijiro Tokunaga
A ceramic artist who trained in Kyoto and inherited the ‘Tokko kiln’ in Arita, Saga Prefecture. His specialty is carbonized firing and he pursues his own expression using various clay and glazes.
This glaze is one of Tokunaga’s original glazes. It features a matt-finished black with hints of shine resulted from the chemical reaction inside the kiln. On rare occasions, this reaction creates a deep black with exquisite ocean blue shades. Pieces with these blue and black hues are rare and highly prized.
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org