This simple tray is crafted using kijimono technique or lining cherry bark on wood surfaces. It is a special technique used to make boxes or rectangular-shaped items like trays and tea chests, which is performed by using a heated trowel to press the layers of cherry bark and wood onto a wooden base. The unique pattern and gorgeous sheen of cherry bark will enliven your table and it makes for an elegant presentation for tea.
- Area: Kakunodate, Akita Prefecture
- Brand: DENSHIRO
- Material: Cherry bark, maple wood and medium-density fiberboard
- Size: W284 x D196 x H22mm
- This product comes with its original box.
A 170-year-old Kabazaiku (traditional Japanese cherry bark craft) maker in Akita Prefecture. Studio Fujiki Denshiro was established as a Kabazaiku wholesaler in the early years and transformed into a leading manufacturing studio by the late sixth-generation owner.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wipe products occasionally with a soft cloth along the grain of the wood.
- Use products for their intended purpose only.
- To avoid peeling, keep away from water.
- Do not leave in highly humid conditions for an extended period of time.
- Do not use the product in places subject to water to keep out mold. In case of getting wet, please wipe with a dry cloth.
- To prevent distortion, cracks, and color deterioration, avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not use it in a dishwasher, microwave or oven.
- As these are handmade products made of a natural material, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com