This remarkably light sake set is carefully painted using a traditional technique peculiar to Kiso lacquerware. The artisans from Maruyoshi Kosaka mixed both lacquer and “sabitsuchi” (a type of clay that is sourced from the mountains near the village of Narakawa) to create a fine, matte coating. The coated surface is less prone to getting scratches and it also acts as a non-slip band that fits perfectly in your hand when holding. It makes a pleasant contrast to the smooth texture of glass and you might discover a new sensation when sipping your favourite rice wine with these exquisitely thin glasses.
- Area: Kiso, Nagano Prefecture
- Brand: HYAKUSHIKI
- Material: Lacquer / Glass
- Size: Katakuchi φ69 × H98mm, Cup φ55 × H49mm
- Capacity: Katakuchi 265ml, Cup 60ml
- This product comes with its original box.
A brand of "urushi" (lacquered) glass produced by Maruyoshi Kosaka, a company located in an area that produces Kiso lacquerware. They offer colorful tableware collections inspired by the kaleidoscope.
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
- Please store away from direct sunlight.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org