This guinomi is made by Tohachiya, a "nushiya" from Ishikawa Prefecture who upholds the tradition and beauty of Wajima lacquerware with their elegant creations, widely acclaimed by many high-end restaurants around the world. This "Bajyohai" cup features a high foot, a style that is easy to hold with one hand, historically made for warriors on horseback when they cheer to victory.
Enjoy a celebratory cup of sake with this beautiful piece to commemorate special occasions.
- Area: Wajima, Ishikawa Prefecture
- Brand: TOHACHIYA
- Material: Wood / Lacquer
- Size: φ85 x 80mm
- This product comes with its original box.
A "nushiya" (vendor and manufacturer) of Wajima lacquerware. While upholding the traditional methods of Wajima style, their custom-made lacquerware products for professional use are utilized by many high-end restaurants both domestically and internationally.
More Story:Japanese Crafts Online Media: KOGEI STANDARD
Generic name of lacquerware produced in Wajima City, Ishikawa Prefecture. Characterized by its robustness. The wood surface is reinforced with cloth and is coated with many layers of “Jinoko” which is the powder of calcined diatomaceous earth.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on an open fire.
- Clean the product with a non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
- Never soak a lacquerware in water for a long time. After using, wash as soon as possible and wipe with a dry cloth.
- Never leave a lacquerware under direct sunlight directly, or in high humidity, this is to avoid the risk of transformation, discoloration, and mold.
- To remove oily spots or fingerprints, wipe with a soft cloth.
- Never use scrubbing brushes, scouring powders, or dishwashing machines.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com