A standard tea caddy with a knob-less design that enables the inner lid to be used as a tea scoop when putting tea leaves into the teapot. It is constructed using a special technique used to make cylinders for tea caddies, which is known as the "Katamono" technique. The cherry barks are glued or pressed onto wood, wrapped around a cylindrical mold, and then ironed with a heated trowel. The pattern of cherry bark is known as Marble, which unveils the raw appearance of wild cherry bark. This Suzutsu series has won the Good Design Award in 2013.
- Area: Kakunodate, Akita Prefecture
- Brand: DENSHIRO
- Material: Cherry bark and natural wood
- Size: ⌀82 x H122mm
- Capacity: Approx. 150g of tea leaves
- This product comes with its original box.
A 170-year-old Kabazaiku (traditional Japanese cherry bark craft) maker in Akita Prefecture. Studio Fujiki Denshiro was established as a Kabazaiku wholesaler in the early years and transformed into a leading manufacturing studio by the late sixth-generation owner.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Storing tea leaves in the products will maintain the appropriate humidity and keep them in the best condition.
- If the glue smell bothers, leave a small amount of tea leaves inside the tea caddy for a few days before using it to store the tea leaves. This will help to neutralize the slight smell of the tea caddy.
- Wipe products occasionally with a soft cloth along the grain of the wood.
- Use products for their intended purpose only.
- To avoid peeling, keep away from water.
- Do not leave in highly humid conditions for an extended period of time.
- Do not use the product in places subject to water to keep out mold. In case of getting wet, please wipe with a dry cloth.
- To prevent distortion, cracks, and color deterioration, avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not use it in a microwave or oven.
- As these are handmade products made of a natural material, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org