This Oribe plate showcases a remarkable glaze tone achieved through multiple layers of Oribe glazes, pushing the boundaries of this historically significant pottery style. The delightful harmony of colors, ranging from clear, transparent shining jade to deep, calm dark green, is truly an ensemble of colors. Whether displayed or used for dining, this piece is sure to captivate the eyes with its deep and expressive colors, leaving us mesmerized by its beauty.
- Area: Seto, Aichi Prefecture
- Artist: MAKOTO YAMAGUCHI
- Material: Ceramic
- Size: φ240 x H35mm
- Note: This product does not come with its own box.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
Only available in Singapore.
Artist: Makoto Yamaguchi
A ceramic artist from Seto, Aichi Prefecture. Influenced by his father, he started his own career as a potter and honed his skills at Kasen Touen (Kasen Pottery Studio). Since becoming independent, he has created a unique style that reflects his own sensibility, producing works using traditional techniques such as Oribe, Shino, and Ki-Seto, as well as others using different Oribe glazes and a fusion of traditional patterns with Oribe, which he named “Rimpa Oribe.”
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com