A medium sized tumbler with beautiful ridge-lines made with a technology that was inspired by a traditional carving technique called "shinogite". The cosmos series depicts galaxies of stars against the white porcelain. Modern yet rooted in tradition, this tumbler was made by Riso Porcelain from Arita, Saga Prefecture.
- Area: Arita, Saga Prefecture
- Brand: RISO PORCELAIN
- Material: Porcelain
- Size: φ68 (rim) x h123mm
Brand: Riso Porcelain
An Arita ware manufacturer. Based on traditional "ko-imari" methods, they infuse digital technology into their production. These innovative creations are gaining popularity among many chefs around the world.
Japanese Crafts Online Media: KOGEI STANDARD
Generic name of porcelain made mainly in Arita, Saga Prefecture. Arita is the first porcelain producing area in Japan. It is also called “Imari ware” as it was shipped from Imari port during the early days.
A decorative technique whereby ridgelines are carved on the surface. It derived its name from the appearance of the ridges on Japanese swords which are called “Shinogi”.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- This item is dishwasher, however please refrain from putting it in an overloaded dishwasher.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org