An art panel finely created by Taya Shikki of Wajima lacquerware from Wajima, Ishikawa Prefecture. The beloved folk tale of The Rabbit and The Moon is well depicted and portrayed through "Chinkin”, a decorative technique involving carving fine patterns into the surface of the lacquerware and filling the carved patterns with gold foil and pigment.
- Area: Wajima, Ishikawa Prefecture
- Brand: TAYA SHIKKI
- Material: Japanese Zelkova / Lacquer
- Size: L265 x H295mm
- This product comes with its own box.
- Only available in Singapore.
Brand: Taya Shikki
Vendor and manufacturer (“nushiya”) of Wajima lacquerware founded in 1818. Themed on “nushiya for living”, they continue to provide lacquerware based on natural material proposing a life derived from nature.
Generic name of lacquerware produced in Wajima City, Ishikawa Prefecture. Characterized by its robustness. The wood surface is reinforced with cloth and is coated with many layers of “Jinoko” which is the powder of calcined diatomaceous earth.
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Do not use the product in places subject to water to keep out mold. In case of getting wet, please dry it completely in a well-ventilated place.
- Never leave lacquerware under direct sunlight directly or in high humidity, this is to avoid the risk of transformation, discoloration and mold.
- To remove oily spots or fingerprints, wipe with a soft cloth.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org