Uncommon beauty of rare wood
Made in Niigata Prefecture by Marunao, this premium chopstick is crafted from Snakewood, a type of rare and precious tree found in the forests of South America. With the focus on the integration of traditional craftmanship and innovative design, Marunao seeks to create products that are exquisitely elegant and long-lasting by paying attention to the minute details. It is also their aspiration to produce utensils that allow people to fully appreciate the taste of food and able to sense a deep connection with the craftsmen. This pair of chopsticks adds a flair to any occasion, the perfect utensil that will stand the test of time.
The design models are categorized according to the size of the tip.
- Standard model: About 3.0mm
- Deluxe model: About 2.5mm
- Premium/Spire model: About 1.5mm
Area: Sanjo City, Niigata Prefecture
Material: Snakewood, 18carat gold
Size: 235mm in length
- This product comes with its original box.
Marunao is a wooden chopstick and cutleries manufacturer from Sanjo City, Niigata Prefecture, established in 1939. In the past, they made various carpentry tools using traditional techniques. However, with the current CEO's leadership, they started making refined chopsticks and eating utensils for daily and professional use. In 2019, Marunao opened their independent shop in Paris, and their products continue to gain popularity both in Japan and overseas. Using rare and luxurious woods from all over the world, they strive to create dining utensils that are beautiful, well designed, and easy to use.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with a non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
- Never soak wood or lacquerware in water for a long time. After using, wash as soon as possible and wipe with a dry cloth.
- Never leave wood or lacquerware under direct sunlight directly or in high humidity, this is to avoid the risk of transformation, discoloration and mold.
- Never use scrubbing brushes, scouring powders or dishwashing machines.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org