Ceramic artist Katsunori Sawa is dedicated to clay and his works are often striking and expressive. Sculpted by hand, this abalone-shaped dish features a pale green ash glaze that adds a distinctive touch. The beauty of nature, woven together by flames, ashes, and clay is evident in the plate. A versatile everyday dish that complements any dining table.
- Area: Shigaraki, Shiga Prefecture
- Artist: KATSUNORI SAWA
- Material: Ceramic
Size: L120 x W90 x H35mm (highest point)
- Note: This product does not come with its own box.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
Only available in Singapore.
Artist: Katsunori Sawa
A ceramic artist based in Shigaraki, Shiga Prefecture. Having studied under renowned potter Mr. Goro Suzuki, Mr. Sawa creates works in the style of Oribe and Shigaraki among others using a wood-fired kiln. His works are both powerful and expressive and are always interesting.
A style of ceramics produced in Shigaraki, Shiga Prefecture. Fired at high temperatures without glaze, it is characterized by a tactile landscape resulting from its coarse base material and natural ash glaze. One of the six ancient kilns in Japan.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org