The pinnacle of decadent style, glimmering from every precisely angled incision and color gradation, this vivacious sake cup is perfect for celebratory occasions.
Satsuma kiriko is known for its deep, bright colors and delicate cutting. The craft was developed in Satsuma Domain (now Kagoshima Prefecture) during the Edo Period and was a crowd favorite among nobles and feudal lords. Due to several historical events, the craft became extinct for over 100 years, before it was resurrected in the 1980s. By referencing existing examples of antique satsuma kiriko, dedicated glass artisans brought the technique back to life while infusing modern sensibilities to it as well.
- Area: Kagoshima Prefecture
- Brand: SATSUMA VIDRO
- Material: Glass
- Size: φ60 X h55mm
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on an open fire.
- Clean the product with a non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com