A charming earth-colored teacup made with Tokoname area's signature red clay, featuring a painted silver detail reminiscent of the moon on its center. Perfect when paired with Tokoname red teapot from the same artisan.
- Area: Tokoname, Aichi Prefecture
- Brand: JINSHU TOUEN
- Material: Stoneware
- Size: φ70 x 28mm
Brand: Jinshu Touen
Manufacturer of Tokoname ware in Aichi Prefecture. Led by Mr.Seiji Ito who is a second-generation artisan, they continue to make beautiful yet functional teapots with techniques using red clays and "mogake" (method of creating textures using seaweed tied to the vessel before firing).
Japanese Crafts Online Media: KOGEI STANDARD
Stoneware made mainly in Tokoname City, Aichi Prefecture. It has the longest history among Japan’s six ancient kilns. Characterized by its iron-rich red clay which are fired using oxidising flame.
Six ancient kilns
Generic name of the six distinctive ancient kilns among all Japanese kilns, which have produced pottery from medieval times to the present day. These are Seto ware, Tokoname ware, Shigaraki ware, Echizen ware, Tanba-Tachikui ware and Bizen ware.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org