“Raden” is a traditional technique of Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture, in which patterns are expressed with shining small pieces of abalone shell. Inlaid on the bottom of a simple “on the rocks” drinking glass, the mother of pearl pattern appears to float atop the clear liquid, creating an intriguing elegance.
- Area: Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture
- Brand: AMANO SHIKKI
- Material: Glass / Lacquer
- Size: φ76mm x h88mm
- Capacity: 300ml
- This product comes with its original box.
Brand: Amano Shikki
Wholesale distributor of Takaoka lacquerware in Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture. They produce mainly "Raden glass" products, which utilize mother-of-pearl decorative inlays called "raden". Additionally, they create traditional items such as small boxes and trays.
Japanese Crafts Online Media: KOGEI STANDARD
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org