Large-sized general cup made by Matsunaga kiln from Fukushima Prefecture, featuring a horseshoe-shaped foot and double-walled structure, making it comfortable to hold.
- Brand: GATCH (made by Matsunaga kiln)
- Material: Ceramic
- Size: φ80 x h120mm
About Obori Soma ware
Obori soma yaki is a generic term for potteries produced in Fukushima Prefecture, in a town called Namie. Their history stretches back to over 300 years ago in Edo Period.
Since the Eastern Japan earthquake and Tsunami in 2011, many obori soma kilns were forced to evacuate, and unfortunately, many discontinued their production.
Yet, some persevered and continue their family tradition. One of them is Takeshi Matsunaga, who is the fourth generation of Matsunaga kiln. Some of the signature styles include the "blue cracking" patterns and the double-wall structured vessels.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- This item is not dishwasher & microwave friendly.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com