The Obizutsu series features the cherry bark as an obi or kimono sash around the mouth of the caddy. By having a shorter lid, the cherry bark around the inner cylinder is revealed and it creates an interesting visual contrast that adds an accent to the design. This tea caddy takes full advantage of the materials and crafting techniques peculiar to the traditional Japanese cherry bark craft.
- Area: Kakunodate, Akita Prefecture
- Brand: DENSHIRO
- Material: Cherry bark, maple and natural wood
- Size: ⌀82 x H122mm
- Capacity: Approx. 150g of tea leaves
- This product comes with its original box.
A 170-year-old Kabazaiku (traditional Japanese cherry bark craft) maker in Akita Prefecture. Studio Fujiki Denshiro was established as a Kabazaiku wholesaler in the early years and transformed into a leading manufacturing studio by the late sixth-generation owner.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Storing tea leaves in the products will maintain the appropriate humidity and keep them in the best condition.
- If the glue smell bothers, leave a small amount of tea leaves inside the tea caddy for a few days before using it to store the tea leaves. This will help to neutralize the slight smell of the tea caddy.
- Wipe products occasionally with a soft cloth along the grain of the wood.
- Use products for their intended purpose only.
- To avoid peeling, keep away from water.
- Do not leave in highly humid conditions for an extended period of time.
- Do not use the product in places subject to water to keep out mold. In case of getting wet, please wipe with a dry cloth.
- To prevent distortion, cracks, and color deterioration, avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not use it in a microwave or oven.
- As these are handmade products made of a natural material, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org