This large sake cup features intricately hand-painted geometrical floral patterns, with a bright yet sophisticated color combination. Crafted by Hataman Touen from Imari, Saga Prefecture, who specializes in the Nabeshima style of porcelain.
- Area: Imari, Saga Prefecture
- Brand: HATAMAN TOUEN
- Material: Porcelain
- Size: φ92 x 30mm
- This product comes with its original box.
Brand: Hataman Touen
Manufacturer of Nabeshima ware in Imari, Saga Prefecture. They focus on new innovative discoveries while simultaneously carrying on traditional techniques such as "iro-e" (painting). One of their ingenious inventions includes the "Cuir" series, featuring porcelain surfaces that mimic the texture of leather.
Japanese Crafts Online Media: KOGEI STANDARD
A generic term for the high-quality porcelain produced in kilns operated by the Nabeshima clan between the 17th and 19th centuries. At that time it was manufactured as gifts for the shogun and feudal lords because of its outstanding quality and artistry. Its distinctive original style, which has been carried on to this day, is known simply as Nabeshima style, and includes “Iro Nabeshima” (colored Nabeshima), “Nabeshima sometsuke” (blue-and-white Nabeshima), “Ai Nabeshima” (Indigo Nabeshima), and “Nabeshima celadon.”
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on an open fire.
- Clean the product with a non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org