Kokushu means "black rust" and this tea cup personifies a strong and modern aesthetic with an iron-like texture that is comfortable to hold and exudes a dignified look. Produced by Kumagai, a company that specializes in the diverse styles of Kiyomizu ware. Since their inception in 1935, they continue to share the rich heritage and elegance of Kyoto through their ceramic wares, mixing tradition with a fresh, innovative approach. We recommend pairing it with its matching teapot and water cooler of the same style.
- Area: Kyoto
- Brand: KUMAGAI
- Material: Ceramic
- Size: φ47 x h50mm
Wholesale distributor specializing in Kyoto ware. With a strong and wide network of pottery manufacturers, they continue to offer a large variety of Kyoto ware in the area.
Japanese Crafts Online Media: KOGEI STANDARD
Generic name of ceramics made in Kyoto. There are various kinds of techniques.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org