A quiet presence
An artistic tea canister made with the superlative wood-turning techniques of Yamanaka, Ishikawa Prefecture. Named after the practice of linking wood grains known as “kisen,” the lid and body are split from a single block of wood to ensure that the wood grains align perfectly. A natural gem that evinces a quiet presence, through which to enjoy the intrinsic beauty of wood.
- Area: Yamanaka, Ishikawa Prefecture
- Brand: GATO MIKIO
- Material: Zelcova Wood
- Size: φ80 x h110mm
- This product comes with its own box.
Brand: Gato Mikio
A lacquerware brand produced by a vendor/manufacturer of Yamanaka lacquerware in Ishikawa Prefecture. They produce and sell exquisitely designed lacquerware that showcases the characteristics of its production area, such as traditional woodturning methods and decorations utilizing "kashokubiki" (a decorative woodturning technique).
Japanese Crafts Online Media: KOGEI STANDARD
Generic name of lacquerware produced in the Yamanaka-Onsen area in Kaga City, Ishikawa Prefecture. This area is well known for its woodturning.
A technique to carve round shaped vessels by spinning wood blocks on a lathe using turning tools that are similar to chisels. An artisan specializing in this process is called “kijishi” or a woodturner using special customized turning tools resulting in wooden vessels of the highest quality.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
- Never soak a lacquer ware in water for a long time. After using, wash as soon as possible and wipe with dry cloth.
- Never leave a lacquer ware under direct sunlight directly or in high humidity, this is to avoid the risk of transformation, discoloration and mold.
- Never use scrubbing brushes, scouring powders or dish washing machines.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com