The moon of Echizen shining in your hand
From Echizen, a region with a long history of lacquerware, Tsuchinao Shikki brings a wide range of innovative new products to life. This "Bajyohai" cup features a high foot, a style that is easy to hold with one hand, historically made for warriors on horseback when they cheer for victory. It is made with a transparent finishing technique called “kijiro-nuri,” which allows the wood grain to show through, bringing out a light and modern feeling. The moon painted in silver glows an amber color, and becomes more luminous the more you use it. A tasteful cup with which to enjoy Japanese sake, while gazing at the shimmering moon in your hands.
- Area: Sabae, Fukui Prefecture
- Brand: TSUCHINAO SHIKKI
- Material: Japanese Zelkova / Lacquer
- Size: φ73 x H90mm
- Capacity: 110ml
- This product comes with its original box.
Brand: Tsuchinao Shikki
Manufacturer of lacquerware in Sabae City, Fukui Prefecture. They produce original products such as bowls and chopsticks that are characterized by their durability. Most of their production processes (with the exception of wooden substrates production) are done in-house, from undercoating up to decorative "maki-e" finishings.
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with a non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
- Never soak lacquerware in water for a long time. After using, wash as soon as possible and wipe with a dry cloth.
- Never leave lacquerware under direct sunlight directly or in high humidity, this is to avoid the risk of transformation, discoloration and mold.
- To remove oily spots or fingerprints, wipe with a soft cloth.
- Never use scrubbing brushes, scouring powders or dishwashing machines.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com