A tea canister decorated with “Sen-suji” patterns of “Kashokubiki” which is one of the decorative woodturning techniques in the tradition of Yamanaka in Ishikawa Prefecture. The precise fit of the lid to the body, gliding smoothly, shows the high sealability of the container. With the charm of “Fuki-urushi”, a lacquering technique that maintains the appearance of wood grain, it is crafted to be a stately tea canister.
- Area: Yamanaka, Ishikawa Prefecture
- Brand: GATO MIKIO
- Material: Japanese Cherry Birch
- Size: φ62mm x H193mm
- Capacity: 100g
- This product comes with its original box.
Brand: Gato Mikio
A lacquerware brand produced by a vendor/manufacturer of Yamanaka lacquerware in Ishikawa Prefecture. They produce and sell exquisitely designed lacquerware that showcases the characteristics of its production area, such as traditional woodturning methods and decorations utilizing "kashokubiki" (a decorative woodturning technique).
Generic name of lacquerware produced in the Yamanaka-Onsen area in Kaga City, Ishikawa Prefecture. This area is well known for its woodturning.
A technique to carve round-shaped vessels by spinning wood blocks on a lathe using turning tools that are similar to chisels. An artisan specializing in this process is called “kijishi” or a woodturner using special customized turning tools resulting in wooden vessels of the highest quality.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with a non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
- Never soak lacquerware in water for a long time. After using, wash as soon as possible and wipe with a dry cloth.
- Never leave lacquerware under direct sunlight directly or in high humidity, this is to avoid the risk of transformation, discoloration and mold.
- Never use scrubbing brushes, scouring powders or dishwashing machines.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org