A Smooth Vessel
“Kijibiki” is one of the traditional techniques in Hakone and Odawara. From pondering over the potentials of wood, and the desire to live with trees, “Hikiyose” was born. Although it is difficult to make thin wooden wares using traditional methods Hikiyose was able to achieve it. This is their masterpiece.
- Area: Odawara, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Brand: LA LUZ
- Material: Walnut
- Size: φ230 x h90mm
- This product comes with its own box.
Brand: La Luz
Manufacturer of woodworks in Odawara, Kanagawa Prefecture. In this area rich with timber, they expand their brand "Hikiyose" which incorporates woodturning techniques with "yosegi" (parquet).
Japanese Crafts Online Media: KOGEI STANDARD
A technique to carve round shaped tableware by putting a dried lumber on a spinning lathe and applying a turning tool like a chisel to it. Products made by using this technique include bowls and round trays.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Exposure to high temperature and humidity, extreme dryness and direct sunlight may cause cracks and warping.
- Dropping or applying strong force may cause damage. Also, please avoid cleaning with stiff brushes or abrasive sponges.
- Solvents, benzene, and polishing agents may damage coating.
- Do not use on direct heat or in microwaves, dish washers, or dryers.
- Avoid soaking in water for extended periods. Items may crack or warp after drying.
- Extended contact with food or moisture may lead to staining and growth of mildew and bacteria.
- After use, wash with a mild detergent dissolved in warm water using a soft sponge. Rinse well and wipe dry with a cloth.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org