The Bizen ware beer mug tumbler has a natural clay texture, and a unique pattern achieved by firing it wrapped in straw. When poured slowly the rough texture of the surface, unique to Bizen ware, creates fine bubbles which trap the beer’s aroma. A mug that makes your drinks even more delicious and enjoyable.
- Area: Bizen, Okayama Prefecture
- Brand: DAIKURA
- Material: Stoneware
- Size: φ80 x h125mm
- Capacity: 350ml
- This product comes with its original box.
Stoneware made mainly in Imbe area in Bizen City, Okayama Prefecture. One of the six ancient kilns in Japan. Characterized by high temperature firing without using glazes and various expressions brought about by transformation.
A pattern of Bizen ware which features reddish lines across the pale brown base which resembles cord bands. In order to make this pattern, the pottery base is covered with straw before firing. And the covered parts react with the component in the clay and produce its reddish color.
Japanese Crafts Online Media: KOGEI STANDARD
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org