A lidded container that is exquisitely hand-finished to an impeccable smooth surface by the maker of Japanese urushi lacquerware, Hatashikki. It is hand-turned using vertically cut Japanese wood which is unique to Yamanaka lacquerware and is less prone to warping, more shock-proof and durable. Elegantly shaped with a distinctive grain pattern, this lacquer box is perfect for serving dishes and storing accessories or sweets.
- Area: Yamanaka, Ishikawa Prefecture
- Brand: HATASHIKKI
- Material: Castor Aralia wood with urethane coating
- Size: φ135 x H60mm
- Capacity: Approx. 430ml
- This product comes with its original box.
From the time of their founder Hata Unomatsu, who became an independent craftsman in 1930, Hatashikki continues the tradition of Yamanaka lacquerware until now. Their brand focus on lacquerware as 'living tools', designs that are modern, well-made, and easy to use.
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
For more inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with a non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
- Never soak lacquerware in water for a long time. After using, wash as soon as possible and wipe with a dry cloth.
- Never leave lacquerware under direct sunlight directly or in high humidity, this is to avoid the risk of transformation, discoloration and mold.
- Never use scrubbing brushes and scouring powders as the coated surface can be damaged. Stop using the product if the coating comes off.