This bowl set is made using “Dami”, a painting technique using a large brush. The five hues of “Gosu (cobalt pigment)” varies slightly depending on the season when the piece is made. Fresh gosu in summer and a dignified gosu in winter.
- Area: Yoshida, Saga Prefecture
- Brand: SOEKYU GOSU
- Material Porcelain
- Size: φ70 x h30mm
- This product comes with its own box.
Gosu is a brand produced by Soekyu Seitosho, a manufacturer of Hizen Yoshida ware. By applying a traditional painting technique called "dami" they express five shades of Gosu blue.
Japanese Crafts Online Media: KOGEI STANDARD
A cobalt blue glaze containing cobalt oxide pigments. Gosu itself is a blackish mineral, but after reduction firing, the color changes to blue. Currently, it is difficult to obtain natural Gosu. Therefore, a compound that mixes cobalt and iron are being used prevalently.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- This item is dishwasher & microwave friendly, however please refrain from putting it in an overloaded dishwasher.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com