The timeless beauty of egg shell
A wine glass with a surface mimicking an egg shell. About 200 years ago, the thin “egg shell” porcelain from Japan was renowned in Europe. Its thinness, whiteness and transparency had captivated people through the ages. Contrary to its delicate appearance, it is durable which adds to its appeal. This translucent wine glass has a narrowed rim which is best to retain and feel the aroma of the wine. A contemporary statement piece exuding a classy aura, perfect for light red wine or refreshing white wine.
Area: Arita, Saga Prefecture
Size: φ82 x H225mm
- Capacity: 318ml
- This product comes with its original box.
Manufacturer of Arita ware. Reviving a method of porcelain production called "rankakude (eggshell) that was discontinued 100 years ago, they created ultrathin porcelain that mimics real eggshells and created a range of delicate and modern Japanese tablewares with this fascinating material.
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with a non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com