Beautiful world of Japanese color
In the past, kaleidoscopes were known as hyakuiro megane or "hundred-colored glass.” Today “Hyakushiki,” a lacquer glass brand born in Kiso, borrows its name from that nostalgic expression. Each hand-drawn urushi lacquer line has its own unique character, and together they give the entire glass a soft countenance. This is a masterpiece in which classic Japanese colors and handiwork are in perfect harmony.
- Area: Kiso, Nagano Prefecture
- Brand: HYAKUSHIKI
- Material: Glass / Lacquer
- Size: φ60 × h61mm
- This product comes with its original box.
A brand of "urushi" (lacquered) glass produced by Maruyoshi Kosaka, a company located in an area that produces Kiso lacquerware. They offer colorful tableware collections inspired by the kaleidoscope.
Japanese Crafts Online Media: KOGEI STANDARD
Instructions for use
To use this product safely and comfortably, please follow the instructions below:
- Wash before first use with water or warm water.
- Do not use in dishwasher or microwave.
- Do not use in oven or on open fire.
- Clean the product with non-abrasive, soft scouring pad.
- For your own safety, do not use any item that is chipped or cracked.
- As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different.
- Please store away from direct sunlight.
For more inquiries, please email: email@example.com